First and foremost, please know that I respect your privacy. I am just like all of you and would never even think of breaking the trust you have put in me by following my journey as an author, artist, and highly caffeinated bookworm. I want you to feel safe to interact with me on my website, via social media, and through my newsletter.
At no time will I share or sell your information or the information gathered from newsletters, website analytics, and/or giveaways I host. Below, I have outlined the reasons and uses for the information that you provide.
How your information is shared:
All information collected from this site, through a blogger/reader/bookstagrammer sign-up form, and/or email sign-up form is used only by Victoria Colotta. Your information will be stored in a list on MailerLite and on a Google Docs Spread Sheet for the purpose of sending email newsletters and providing information to post on your blog and/or social media sites.
When you subscribe to Victoria Colotta’s Email Newsletter, there is no company, organization, author, and/or artist that will be passed the information you supply. When you sign up to be part of any promotions, release day blitzes, and features hosted by Victoria Colotta, the information provided from bloggers, readers, and bookstagrammers will not be shared with any other company, organization, author, and/or artist. Your information will never be sold to a third party or made available for sale.
Victoria’s Email Newsletter:
By signing up for Victoria’s Email Newsletter, you are agreeing to receive emails about promotions, news, project, books, artsy finds, bookish things, and the general musings of Victoria Colotta. If you do not want to receive such email messages, you will be given the option to opt out or change your preferences at the bottom of every email. When you click on the link, you will have the option to be removed from the list(s) you have signed up for.
Victoria Colotta’s Website:
Victoria Colotta uses the website analytics provided by SquareSpace as well Google Analytics for finding what keywords are used to drive traffic to our site. The information obtained by using SquareSpace Analytics or Google Analytics is ONLY used to enhance our visitors experience. We use the information to curate the content in the blog and determine where we will post on social media sites such as, but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, & Instagram about news, books, and content provided on the website.
The SquareSpace Analytics provides us with the following information.
- Traffic Overview – See how your visits, unique visitors, and pageviews trend over time. Gain insight into the top traffic sources, products, device types, browsers and operating systems by visits.
- Popular Content – Quickly identify the top performing content on your website. This feature is available in the Website and Commerce product lines.
- Traffic Sources – Learn where your visits and sales are coming from. Analyze which channels, like Search or Social, are most effective. You can also dig into specific referral links to see which press articles and posts result in the most traffic or sales.
- Device Filtering – Filter sales and traffic metrics by Mobile, Tablet, Desktop, or other.
- Site Search Queries – Find out what your visitors are searching for on your site and gain insight into what products or topics your visitors may be interested in.
- Activity Log – Gain insight into how your visitors are navigating through your site, how much time they’re spending on your site, and where they are coming from geographically.
- Unique Visitors and Page Views – Squarespace monitors your Page Views, Visit Counts, and Visitor Counts, including raw, unique, and robot hits. Website statistics are computed every few minutes for a real-time view of your numbers. This feature is available in our Website and Cover Page product lines.
- Visitor Insights – Squarespace lets you know where your visitors are coming from, and what keywords are leading visitors to your website.
- RSS Statistics – Squarespace provides accurate RSS subscriber figures as well as a breakdown of where your RSS subscribers are coming from. This feature is available in the Website and Commerce product lines.
On occasion, we will host giveaways. If Victoria Colotta is providing prize, we will ask you for either your email address or physical address to send what you have won. Your name, address, and/or email will not be shared with anyone outside of Victoria Colotta’s office. If we are hosting a giveaway where a Publisher is providing the prize, we will have to pass along your name, address, and/or email to the Publisher and their PR Department. This is always mentioned to you before you provide the information. Should you feel uncomfortable with sharing your information with the Publisher and their PR Department, we will choose another winner in your place. Please note: The information provided to obtain your prize does not automatically sign you up for Victoria Colotta’s newsletter unless that is one of the ways you chose to enter the giveaway. We will only use the information provided to send you your prize.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information. Because of this, we are endeavoring to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. Our website does have an SSL Certificate which is a small data files that digitally bind a cryptographic key to an organization's details. When installed on a web server, it activates the padlock and the https protocol and allows secure connections from a web server to a browser. Yet, it is important to remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites:
Please Note: Victoria Colotta does use affiliate links on the site, social media, and in email newsletters. Though we receive a small commission should you use those purchase links, all opinions expressed are Victoria’s. We never receives monetary compensation for reviews posted on this site.
Third Party Vendors:
As previously stated, we do not sell, trade, or share your personal information with any other provider, author, and/or artist unless there is advance notice. This does not include our website hosting company and other companies or individuals who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
On occasion, Victoria Colotta may contract a Promotion Company to assist with new releases, book sales, and general promotional opportunities. If a company is hired for this purpose they will be collecting the data and personal information that will then be passed along to us. Unfortunately, we have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party sites or services. However, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Changes to the Policy: